How a Shoji (Privacy) Screen can transform you home decor
What is a Shoji Screen?
- * A shoji screen is a trellis like panel usually made of wood. Each square hole in the panel is filled with Shoji. Shoji is a smooth, vinyl coated fibreglass that is generally translucent. It looks and feels like rice paper.
- * A shoji screen usually has 3 panels and is foldable. They are generally very light. This makes them every easy to both to store and move around your home.
Buying Shoji screens
- * Shoji screens are no longer the exclusive preserve of Japanese homes and they are now readily available in the western world. There is a huge variety on the market and prices range from just a few dollars to thousands.
- * Shoji screens come in various sizes and there a huge number of different finishes. Whether you want a natural wood finish, or something like cherry, or even perhaps a black metal frame there is something on the market. The result is that everyone should be able to find the perfect shoji screen for their room.
- * Whatever your budget it is important to look out for a shoji screen that is well made and sufficiently robust. Although they are very light a shoji screen should last for many years.
- * Do consider a Shoji screen for your home. Unusual, perhaps. Elegant, most definitely.
Click here to purchase: Unique Asian Décor – 6ft. Geisha Japanese Shoji Folding Privacy Floor Screen Room Divider
What is a Shoji Screen for?
- * A shoji screen can be used for a variety of purposes around your home. They can just be decorative and make an interesting and unusual feature or talking point in any room.
- * Alternatively, they can used to actually screen off part of a room or divide it up. This can be very handy if perhaps you want to create a workspace with a desk in a room. It means that that the workplace can still be part of the room but it is somewhat separate. This will help the look of the room and also enable more to be done!!
- * Sometime people use shoji screens to hide unsightly closets or windows where the view is not pleasant.
Click here to purchase: Asian Bamboo Furniture – 6ft. Kimura Japanese Shoji Privacy Floor Screen Room Divider
Shoji screens as sun blocks?
- * Shoji screens are not waterproof but they do offer a degree of protection from the sun. They are therefore very useful in rooms which are south facing and get too much sunshine in the summer. The shoji screen will allow plenty of light in, but it is somewhat diffused. This can create a lovely atmosphere is a bright room.
Click here to purchase: Asian Furniture Partition – 6ft. Kumo Japanese Shoji Folding Privacy Screen Room Divider