Sofa beds save you from worries in the event that you have guests staying for the night. If your child decided to invite a friend to sleep over, the sofa bed is your answer. It actually looks like any regular sofa except that it can be converted into a bed during the night.
It can be placed in the living room or in the bedroom. Your child can even have it as their bed if their bedroom has a limited space.
However, you need to follow certain steps when choosing your sofa bed.
- Examine your space by taking its dimensions. A sofa bed will eat some space when you fold it out. When you do so, it should not scrape your walls. There should also be adequate room when getting up and for walking.
- Check its comfort-ability. To check this, you need to sit on it for about 2 – 5 minutes. This will allow you to feel the sofa bed and ensure if it can support you well. A good sofa must be able to support your back. Open it up and lie on it. Lay a little longer so you can feel the cushions better. Are they comfortable enough? The cushions must not be too hard or too soft. Your back should not feel anything when lying on it. Examine closely when you open it up. The central part must be leveled without any angle when you open it up.
- Scrutinize the cushions. A good quality sofa bed must have layers of padding to prevent it from wearing on a short period of time. Lift the cushions and check all surfaces. Its exterior must be even and soft. There should be no metal or wood protruding from the edges. Some sofa beds have thin cushions, which can be very uncomfortable and can give you back pains. You do not want your guests to wake up with an aching back, do you? Hence, look for one that has thick cushions. Inquire if you can change the cushion if you find the cushion too thin or too thick.
Pictured: 3 Piece Sectional in Chocolate
- Examine the durability. Check on the bolts. The frame must be fastened firmly to avoid any accidents.
- If you are planning to buy a twin sofa bed, ask somebody to come with you to test it. Both of you need to lie on it to check if each of you have enough space and that you will not end up moving in the middle.
- Return it to its original setting – that of the sofa. The procedure of putting it away must be easy.
It is important that you choose wisely or else you will wind up with a wrong sofa and that is a waste of money. Check every detail in the sofa and follow the steps mentioned above to avoid committing mistakes.
Sofa beds are available in a variety of styles, designs and colors. Always choose something that will complement the color, furniture and theme of your living room. Remember not to give up comfort-ability over the price.
Check on lafurniturestore.com for more styles of sofa beds. They also offer furniture for your living room, bedroom, dining room, kids’ room, etc. in different styles.