One of the things that can make or break the ambiance of a room is color and therefore, careful attention should be given to it. Color can also enhance or offset the mood of different seasons. Rainy season can be cheered up when you enter into a room with a lively color.
However, bear in mind that the color of your walls must blend well with your furniture shades. The color red or pink can give a different kind of boost in the living room, that is, if you find the right color combination to attain overall harmony.
The pink color means universal love. It encourages you to be considerate and kind. The red color on the other hand signifies heartiness, liveliness and passion. Pink is usually used in bedroom of girls while the color red or shades of it are typically used in furniture coverings.
The following are the benefits of placing pieces of red or pink furniture in your living room:
- Red is lively. Color red with a bright shade demonstrates sparkle and affection. A comfortable and sumptuous mood can be achieved by using solid shades of red.
- The color red generates passionate feelings in the living room. For example, the combination of red love seat with dim lighting, flowers and comfortable furniture can create such mood. Pink, on the other hand, when used with those combinations can create soft and peaceful romantic atmosphere.
- Red symbolizes many things such as expression and fervor. This color illustrates the enthusiasm of individuals, their energy, love and anger.
- The winter season brings dull and monotonous mood but it can be made lively with the red color. A warm and gentle feeling can be attained in your living room by using a red sofa or pillow while winter snow is raging outside. It brings the atmosphere of warmth and liveliness.
- An extremely popular style using red in living rooms is placing a red sofa at the junction of a visual area. To further give your living room a boost, use a carpet with red shade together with other red furniture.
- Luxury and richness can be attained by using wine red color. If you like an affluent ambiance in your living room, then this shade will provide that impression.
- Artistic and innovative individuals can fully display their natural flair and personality with the color red, as it embodies love and zeal.
- The red color also signifies smart taste and stylishness.
- The color pink provides a softer and relaxed atmosphere. It helps soothe the weary mind and body at the end of the day.
- Red is believed to attract recognition and superiority by the Chinese. In Feng Shui, a piece of red furniture should be positioned at the south bend of the room.
Whether you select the color red or pink, they will surely bring joie de vivre into your living room. Furniture with shades of red or pink can boost the spirits up during dull and boring moments. Finally, the color you choose bespeaks your own personality.