All buildings have pipes and plumbing systems. It is why plumbers are in demand. If you are wondering what the role of a plumber is, read on. This article will tell you what tools they use, and the different types of plumbers in the industry. This guideline will tell you if being a plumber is an excellent career choice for you.
Is Plumbing a Good Career?
Plumbers can earn up to $250,000 annually. Since the industry is continuously growing, there are jobs and opportunities everywhere. Even an apprentice level plumber can also make their own money. You can either apply in a company or accept “on the job” offers from referrals.
Here are the following reasons why plumbing is an excellent career:
- It offers job security
- It provides an opportunity to build your own company
- It provides a job variety
- It allows you to interact with people regularly
- It gives a sense of importance
- Plumbing can be an excellent alternative for exercise
What Tools Do Plumbers Use?
If you choose to accept jobs from a referral, you will have to invest in plumbing tools. However, if you apply to a company, the establishment will provide it for you. Here are some of the essential tools that a plumber must have before going to work:
- Channel locks – its innovative design will stabilize the pipe and unscrew it
- Pipe wrench – is the oldest plumbing tool to fix pipes that are close to the wall
- Basin wrench – a handy tool that will replace any faucet
- Hole saw – cuts through any material to create a hole
- Hose cutter – cuts perfect circles in tubing and pipes
Is Plumbing Easy to Learn?
No one becomes a professional plumber overnight. There are schoolings, apprenticeships, and training that you need to undergo to become a licensed plumber. The more updated you are with the latest plumbing techniques, the more job opportunities await. It takes skills to fix a leak while preserving the health of your client and surrounding neighbors.
What Are the Different Types of Plumbers?
To know what is the role of a plumber, take a look at the different types of plumbers below:
- Commercial plumbers – are experts in fixing public plumbing systems such as shopping malls, hospitals, and companies. You will install and maintain the plumbing system of industrial buildings.
- Residential plumbers – are experts in fixing household plumbing. You will be working with homeowners to help fix their plumbing problems.
- Service and repair plumbers – are experts when it comes to repairing both residential and commercial plumbing. They offer plumbing solutions to a company or a homeowner.