Quartz Countertops are generally composed of not only quartz but various other crushed up elements like marble, granite and many other natural stones that is mixed up with the correct proportion of resins. Hence, these are also known as the engineered stones and even compound stones. The technology of the creation of the compound stones started in the year 1963 by an Italian company named Breton. Nowadays, there are many companies all over the globe that deal with the production and the selling of these types of countertops.
Advantages and the disadvantages of using of these countertops
Quartz countertops are used in many houses, office buildings and hotels in the kitchens bathrooms and definitely, they do look very attractive and dazzling. There are however various advantages and disadvantages that one has to keep in mind before choosing the product.
- They really take the looks of the kitchen or the bathroom to a next level
- They are long lasting
- These are very easy to take care of. One can clean it very easily with a piece of cloth and regular soap and water
- It is non-porous and stain resistant in nature. Therefore resulting it to keep clean and germ free
- The product being very costly results in a limitation for people to use it
- Thermal shock for keeping extremely hot objects on the countertops can result in cracks
- Not recommended for outdoor as the direct rays of the sun can cause the color to fade and gradual warping
How do you choose the most amazing one?
There are vast ranges of the product that are available in the market these days. To choose the best of all, you need to take some expert advice and bring home some samples then finalize the one that goes best with other decorations, wall paintings and the lighting of your home. Experts and your own vision will help you to choose the best for your place. Few points to keep in mind while selecting and installing the countertops:
If the length of your counter is more than 340 centimeters and has a difficult configuration then you might need more seams that are visible with the light colored stones.
The customized edge leads to a design that makes your cook space look unique. Customization can definitely add up to the costing.
The thickness and the design of the slabs should also be considered while choosing the countertops.